Urgent Care in Alexandria, VA
Medical Access offers urgent care services in Alexandria, VA. We serve the surrounding locations of Newington, Franconia, and Springfield, VA. Simply walk in, or call us for more information at (703) 546-9881.
At Medical Access, we realize how important your family’s health is to you. We’re a family-owned and -operated clinic, and our family wants to help yours.
We can help you in a wide variety of ways, with simple family wellness advice, or with any number of services to get you feeling better. We offer urgent care in Alexandria VA, and our clinic doors are open to your entire family.
What services can you provide at Medical Access?
We accept patients of any age, including children and seniors. We can provide men’s and women’s wellness services, flu shots for your kids, and physicals for your elderly family members. We can also provide:
- Comprehensive sleep studies for patients struggling with sleep and suffering from fatigue
- Corporate services, such as employer drug tests
- Worker’s comp services, and we’ll represent your needs to your employer
- Physical therapy for gym-related injuries or other injuries
- Sports physicals, school physicals, immigration physicals, annual physicals and others
- Treatments for patients with allergies or mild allergic reactions
- Vaccinations/immunizations for adults, children, and intercontinental travelers
- X-rays and lab services with our state-of-the-art, modern equipment
- Treatment for minor illnesses, like chickenpox
- Treatment for minor injuries, like minor sprains or strains
- Any treatments for other minor ailments
When should I go to the ER instead of urgent care?
As much as we love to see our patients here at Medical Access, we can’t see any patients suffering from life-threatening injuries or illnesses. If you or someone you love is suffering from an illness or injury that could be life-threatening, then you must call 911 and go to the emergency room (ER). If you’re not sure whether the injury or illness could be life-threatening, then you must still go to the ER. The emergency room is properly equipped to treat these patients, but urgent care clinics are not.
If you’re sure that the condition is minor, then it’s best to come to an urgent care clinic instead. These clinics will be able to treat you sooner than the ER can because at the ER, they have to treat patients with serious conditions first.
Does insurance cover urgent care?
Most insurance providers will cover urgent care visits. Some might not, but here at Medical Access, we work with most major insurance providers. You can check our Insurance & Payments webpage to see most of the providers we work with. If you don’t see your provider on the list, then please call us at (703) 546-9881 so we can check to see whether we’ll be able to cover your visit. Generally, there’s a very good chance your visit with us will be covered!
If you don’t have insurance, then urgent care clinics can still help you. You can expect to pay around $120 for an average visit with an urgent care clinic. With Medical Access, our prices vary, so please contact us for further information on our pricing.
Where can I go for urgent care services in Alexandria, VA?
If you live in the Alexandria area or the surrounding areas of Newington, Franconia, or Springfield, then you’re more than welcome to visit us! Our Alexandria, VA location is at 7598 Telegraph Road Alexandria, VA 22315. We’re open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 8 pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 2 pm, and walk-ins are welcome! No appointment necessary.
We look forward to your visit here at Medical Access!