At Medical Access Urgent Care, you’ll find the primary care you need for a healthy, long life, and we can take care of the rest of your family too. We can prevent illness to keep you well and keep your medical expenses low, and we’re here for you 7 days a week. Connect with us or come visit us today to learn more about what we can do for you as your primary care clinic in Alexandria, VA.
What is a primary care clinic?
This type of medical clinic provides primary care. With this kind of care, you’ll have first-contact care, preventive care, and continual care all from one primary care doctor. At a primary care clinic, you can:
- Have common health conditions like the flu or minor sprains diagnosed and treated
- Receive services to help prevent common and chronic conditions
- Get help with managing an existing chronic condition like diabetes
- Get general health advice or family health advice
- Receive referrals to see specialists if necessary
It’s important to have primary care because the services above are invaluable, and over time, a primary care doctor will understand your health better and better, so the doctor will be better able to identify any health issues that arise.
What specialties are in primary care?
There are actually several different specialties within the field of primary care. The one you choose will depend on your particular needs and the needs of your family. There is:
- Family medicine – For whole families, regardless of age
- Internal medicine – For adults and older patients, especially those with chronic conditions
- Pediatric medicine – For children exclusively
- Gynecological medicine – For women exclusively
- General medicine – For more general medicine, including many family medicine and urgent care services
Here at Medical Access Urgent Care, our doctors are mostly general medicine doctors, but we have many different doctors with other specialties too! Also, our doctors are multilingual, so you shouldn’t have much trouble finding the perfect doctor for you!
How much does a primary care visit cost?
Generally, primary care is affordable for most patients. It’s recommended that you go see your primary care physician once every 6 months for a checkup, but this can vary depending on your health. A visit costs around $100 but will likely be covered by your health insurance. If you require services beyond the common ones, then the cost may be higher, but these services will likely also be covered.
Here at Medical Access Urgent Care, our prices are affordable for most patients and we work with most insurers to help you cover the costs. Feel free to give us a call here at Medical Access Urgent Care to ask us whether we accept your particular provider. You’re also welcome to call us to learn more about our services, our doctors, and our clinic.
Do you have a primary care clinic in Alexandria, VA?
We do! We’re located over at 7598 Telegraph Rd Alexandria, VA 22315, and you can reach us at (703) 778-0400. Give us a call at that number to learn more or to book a meet-and-greet with one of our physicians! If you’d prefer to, you can just come see us in-person for your meet-and-greet, or you can book a meet-and-greet online. We’d be happy to speak with you or see you for any reason. Give us a call or a visit today here at Medical Access Urgent Care!