Immigration Physical Exams in Germantown, MD, Woodbridge, VA, & Alexandria, VA
Medical Access Urgent Care provides immigration physical exams in Germantown, MD, Woodbridge, VA, & Alexandria, VA. Call (301) 428-1070 for more information or visit us at a location near you today.
Applicants seeking permanent residency in the United States, or a Green Card, are required to obtain a medical examination. This exam must be performed by a doctor who is authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). These doctors are called Civil Surgeons and Medical Access has five experienced doctors to examine you and provide you with additional testing or vaccinations as required.
What to Bring to the Exam?
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete paperwork
- A completed Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
- Government-issued photo identification, such as a valid passport or driver’s license. If you are 14 years old or younger, bring your birth certificate (with an English translation) or an affidavit
- Vaccination or immunization records (such as DT, DTP, DTaP, Td, Tdap, OPV, IPV, MMR, Hib, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, varicella, pneumococcal influenza, rotavirus and meningococcal disease).
What to Expect During the Exam?
- You will be tested for communicable diseases such as tuberculosis and syphilis. The tuberculosis test is done in two parts. You will have to return to Medical Access within two to three days to have yours results read. The syphilis test is a blood test.
- Our doctor will review your vaccination records to determine if you need additional vaccinations
- Doctor will complete the immigration physical exam
- Our doctor will complete Form I-693 and seal the document in an envelope for you to submit directly to USCIS. USCIS will not accept the document if the sealed envelope has been altered.
If you provide all necessary information at your appointment and all testing results are acceptable, your paperwork should be ready for pick-up within 72 hours. If a chest X-ray is required, then it will take an additional day.
What is the Cost of the Medical Exam?
The fees are: $235 for individuals up to 14 years of age. $295 for individuals 15 years of age and older.
The exam includes:
- The physical exam
- RPR (test for syphilis)
- Initial skin test for TB (tuberculosis)
Based upon the results of the test, vaccination records, and medical history the physician will determine if additional testing or vaccines will be needed and then will inform you of the additional fees.
Do I Need to Schedule an Appointment?
Appointments are recommended, however same-day appointments are available. We can usually schedule the appointment within 1 or 2 days. Keep in mind that you will have to return within 48 to 72 hours after your appointment to have the TB read.