Germantown Primary Care Associates (GPCA) is an affiliate of Medical Access. Located in Germantown, MD, GPCA has provided Primary and Family Care to individuals above the age of 16 years old for over 25 years. Conveniently located next to Medical Access, GPCA offers a seamless transition from Urgent Care to Primary Care all in one location.
Led by our board-certified Internal Medicine Medical Director, Dr. Manbir K. Takhar, MD, MPH, MRO, our team of dedicated physicians help you to create a care plan that incorporates a healthy lifestyle, wholesome eating habits, and exercise with medical assistance and treatment options.
Dr. Takhar has been named Top Doctor by Washingtonian magazine each year since 2015 and holds a Master of Science in Public Health from George Washington University.
GPCA has state-of-the-art Laboratory, X-Rays, EKG, Sleep Studies, and Allergy Testing and because we are located next to the I-270 exit, we are an advantageous option for busy individuals.
Our physicians are certified as
- Medical Review Officers (MRO), to perform pre-employment health screening for employers and
- Civil Surgeons, to perform immigration physical exams
Because of this, employees receive quality care that exceeds the requirements set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In addition, individuals in need of an immigration physical, are cared by bilingual physicians who are certified by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Come to GPCA for these Primary Care services:
· Allergy Testing
· Pre-Surgical Physicals
· Annual Physical Examinations
· Rapid Testing
· Blood Tests
· School and Sports Physicals
· Confidential STD Testing
· Shingles Vaccine
· Breast and Prostate Exams
· Skin Conditions
· Ear Cleaning
· Sleep Studies
· Tdap, Hep B, MMR, and various other vaccinations
· Flu Shots
· Travel Medicine
· HIV Testing
· Tuberculosis Testing
· Immigration Physicals
· Weight Loss
· Joint Injections
· Yellow Fever Vaccine
We also treat these injuries and many more!
· Joint Injections
· Aches & Pains
· Joint Pain
· Bites & Rashes
· Minor Injury
· Needle Stick
· Puncture Wounds
· Digital X-Ray
· Fish Hook Injuries
· Sports Injuries
· Insect Bites
What to Bring to Your Visit
- Unexpired government photo ID and insurance card
- Recent test results from other clinics/medical practitioners
- Prescriptions and any medications with dosage
- Any relevant information, including family and personal medical history
- For faster check-in, you can print and fill-out the Registration Form ahead of time.
We accept a wide variety of payment options for your convenience: personal checks, cash, ATM/debit cards, and all major credit cards. PPO and indemnity plans are also accepted as well as most insurance plans. If unsure about anything or if you have any questions, feel free to call us for an appointment so we could answer them in detail.