DOT Physical Exams in Germantown, MD, Woodbridge & Alexandria VA
Medical Access Urgent Care provides DOT Save & Exit physical exams in Germantown, MD, Woodbridge & Alexandria, VA. Call us for more information or visit us at a location near you today!
Stay in compliance with The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and receive your DOT physical exam by our team of experienced and Certified Medical Examiners and Medical Review Officers (MRO).
DOT physicals help to detect physical, mental, and emotional issues that can affect the ability of a commercial motor vehicle driver to drive safely for long hours.
NOTE TO APPLICANT: If you currently take a prescription medication or receive ongoing treatment for one or more conditions, then you must obtain written documentation of the condition and treatment from the attending physician and take it with you when reporting for a physical examination.
Please bring with you hearing aids, contact lenses, or eyeglasses if you use them. Drivers do not need to fast prior to their DOT physical exam.
What to Expect during your DOT Physical Exam at Medical Access
- Walk-In or schedule an appointment at any of our three locations, seven days a week
- Sign-in and hand your drivers’ license to the receptionist
- Fill-out the Occupational Health Registration Form
- Fill-out Section 1, the medical history portion of the Medical Examination Report, form MCSA-5875
- Our Medical Assistants will check your
- Pulse rate and rhythm, height and weight
- Blood pressure, vision, and hearing
- Urinalysis to check for protein, blood, and sugar
- NIDA-5 Panel drug screen with MRO to test for
- Phencyclidine (PCP) and
- Our Certified Medical Examiners will complete your physical examination
- Certified drivers will receive a copy of the Medical Examiner’s Certificate, form MCSA-5876 or DOT card.