Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing Available in Germantown, MD, Woodbridge, VA, & Alexandria, VA
Please read important updates below about our COVID-19 Testing Services.
Thank you for contacting Medical Access!
“For Our Patients Convenience We Update Our Rapid Test Availability At Our Locations Frequently.
Germantown location: Rapid tests are readily available . (Same Day Results)
Virginia Locations: Rapid tests are readily available. (Same Day Results)
Should we run out of rapid tests for the day, we welcome patients for a PCR test as an alternative which is readily available (results are delivered in approximately 72 business hours).
Quantities of testing kits vary on day to day basis. For any updates please visit our website again.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.”
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing is available at all our three locations in Germantown, MD, Woodbridge, VA, and Alexandria, VA.
We are experiencing delays in responding to our patients due to higher than usual call and email volumes. We are working diligently to correct this and apologies in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Due to this, we will not be able to accommodate any scheduled appointments for Covid-19 testing.
Please walk-in to our clinic today to get tested. Here are some points that you should keep in mind:
- Antigen tests (Rapid tests) and PCR tests are subject to availability as supplies last.
- The minimum age to get tested for COVID-19 is 10 years.
- Our last walk in patient is accepted at 7PM Monday to Friday, and 3PM on Saturday and Sunday.
- To expedite your visit, please arrive with a completed Patient Registration Form and Result Sheet, along with a valid Photo ID, Insurance Card (if applicable), and a Credit Card (for any Copays and Deductibles).
- In your forms, please verify that you have added your correct cell number and email address as we will be calling you when it is your turn for swabbing and for delivering testing results.
- When results are ready, our providers will call you with your results via Telehealth. Please be sure that you have Google Duo installed on an Android device, and FaceTime active on an iPhone.
- Read our testing procedure sheet for detailed instructions and familiarize yourself with what to expect.
Our staff will attend to getting you tested in an efficient manner and our providers strive to deliver your rapid test results on the same day of testing. It takes 72 business hours to deliver results for your PCR test. We are committed to deliver your results in a timely manner and our staff is working diligently to ensure a positive experience for you at Medical Access.
We thank you for your patience and understanding
Medical Access Management.
Here at Medical Access Urgent Care Center, we’ve been following and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been making sure our clinic is clean, safe, and properly equipped for our patients.
We provide antibody and viral testing for patients who are symptomatic. If you or a loved one has fever or chills, cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea (CDC), please visit us today for testing.
Who should be tested for the coronavirus?
Anyone experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 should be tested. The most common symptoms are generally fever, tiredness, and dry cough. These symptoms are usually mild, but a person could also experience severe symptoms like shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chest pain/pressure, and/or loss of movement/speech. Symptoms may not become apparent until 2 to 14 days after infection. A person could also be asymptomatic.
Please remember that you could be asymptomatic and it is still important to limit interactions, take recommended precautions like regular handwashing and wearing masks, and follow the guidance of your local health officials. If you experience any of the minor symptoms of the virus, then you should get yourself tested. If the symptoms are life-threatening or if you believe they could be, you must call 911.
How do I get an antibody test?
There are two kinds of tests for the coronavirus (COVID-19): the antibody test and the viral test.
- With the antibody test, you can be tested to see if you previously had the virus. This can help medical professionals track the spread of the virus in your area and beyond.
- The viral test can help determine whether a person currently has the virus. The most common form is the nasopharyngeal swab (a simple nasal swab and test). We also offer rapid tests which are subject to availability.
We offer these tests at Medical Access. If you are thinking about getting tested familiarize yourself with the process here.
How long does it take to get results for a coronavirus disease test?
Our rapid test results are usually communicated on the same day. PCR test results are communicated in 72 business hours. Our team of providers has been working diligently to communicate test results in a timely fashion, and we strive to communicate the results in a timely manner.
Our providers reach out to patients with the results via Google Duo if the patient has an Android device, or via FaceTime on an iPhone. Please ensure that you phone has these capabilities so that we can reach out to you in a timely manner. Please make sure that you provide the correct cell phone number in the form.
Which Medical Access urgent care facilities do COVID testing?
Medical Access Urgent Care Center has locations in the Alexandria VA, Woodbridge VA, and Germantown MD areas. We are open at 8am and our last walk in patient is accepted at 7PM Monday to Friday, and 3PM on Saturday and Sunday.
To Current Patients:
We are offering VIRTUAL VISITS with TELEMEDICINE appointments instead of in-office visits. Telemedicine appointments can include prescription refills, lab results, follow up visits, Medicare Wellness visits, etc. We are requesting you to walk-in today for COVID-19 Testing
To schedule a virtual visit – please walk-in to our office today.
COVID-19 Testing Procedure:
All COVID -19 Testing is done per CDC Guidelines.
- Please download and complete the COVID-19 Patient registration form and the result sheet. We can also provide you with the form on site, but please note that this may increase your wait time as you will be required to fill the form before you join the line.
- Submit your completed form to us along with valid ID, Insurance card, and a credit card for us to have on file.
- After submitting the form to us, please wait in your car to be called for swab testing for the safety of yourself and others.
- Come in for swab testing, collect your documents, and once your results are ready a provider will contact you via FaceTime (for iPhone users) or Google Duo.
Our staff is working diligently to ensure a safe, smooth, and efficient experience. For the rapid test, the results will be delivered to you on the same day by our health care professionals. We are open 7 days a week
Please consult the CDC website for more information on the COVID-19 virus.
To keep our patients, staff and the community safe – Medical Access has taken the following precautions:
- All our patients are pre-screened for COVID-19 (not applicable for COVID testing)
- Any patients with COVID-19 symptoms are sent to a separate waiting area. They are seen quickly with limited waiting time. We have designated exam rooms strictly used for possible COVID-19 patients.
- All other patients are separated into our primary care waiting room.
- We are offering Telemedicine appointments for current patients
- Our staff are wearing masks and gloves and are sanitizing all exam rooms, countertops, equipment, pens, door handles, etc. after every patient
Any questions about COVID-19 – please refer to the CDC website.